Universal Engineering Sciences has an opening for an IT Specialist.
We have been in business for over 50 years and we are the largest family owned firm of our kind in the US! Come be a part of our family. We have a great benefit package including medical, dental, 401k match and much more.
• Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair of PC’s for branches within as needed.
• Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
• Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to desktop and laptops, including the installation of CPUs, I/O and NIC cards, hard drives (physical and SSD), RAM, memory chips, etc.
• Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products.
• Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding computer issues..
• Answer to and perform moves, adds, and changes (MAC) requests as they are submitted by line managers.
• Ensure that physical desktop connections (i.e. RJ-45 Ethernet jacks, RJ-11 telephone modem jacks, connectors between PCs and servers, etc.) are in proper working order.
• Prepare tests and applications for monitoring desktop performance, then provide performance statistics and reports.
• Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop operations.
• Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, network cards, and other components and equipment.
• Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
• If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.