Universal Engineering Sciences has an opening for a Certified Construction Materials Lab Technician. Branch walk-ins welcome.
We have been in business for over 50 years and we are the largest family owned firm of our kind in the US! Come be a part of our family. We have a great benefit package including medical, dental, 401k match and much more.
• Conducts testing of soils, concrete, asphalt and other construction materials in accordance with applicable testing standards/methods (ASTM, AASHTO, FM, Army Corp of Engineers, DOT, etc).
• Report data in a complete, timely and understandable fashion.
• Ensure that all test equipment used is functioning properly, maintained as required by company and/or manufacturer's policy and that all calibrated equipment is within its calibration cycle.
• Ensure that project testing requirements are met and compliant with project specifications, requirements and company policies or procedures.
• Attend all technician meetings.
• Complete daily time and labor reports in accordance with company policy.
• Turn in paperwork everyday attached to work order.
• Follow all company safety procedures and policies.
• Other duties may be assigned
Lab certifications including:
• ACI and/or FDOT lab certifications including: LBR, Concrete Lab, Aggregate Testing & Base Testing, Qualified Sampler.
UES is a Drug-Free Workplace. As a condition of employment, new hires are required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test and drivers license evaluation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
UES offers a competitive wage and a full benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K with company match, holiday pay, Paid Time Off and much more.