- Performs Independent Assurance (IA) evaluations for qualifications (Concrete Field and Concrete Strength) to the active FDOT technicians assigned as described in Department procedures and the Federal Aid Policy Guide. Perform these evaluations in an objective and professional manner. Document and report findings.
- Participate with the FDOT Districts when required/planned in the inspections, troubleshooting, and problem solving of the identified problems in the production of cementitious materials and precast/prestressed concrete products at the plants and/or project sites. Provide technical recommendations with minimal assigned errors within the required time frame.
- Review documents (quality control plans, construction plans, specifications, procedures, and other appropriate documents) as required limiting assignable errors that impact customer service.
- Provides materials related technical support to District and Central Offices in the area of concrete precast pipe and drainage structures. Provides technical support to the District Materials Offices during the review of the producers' proposed quality control plans.
- Performs field inspections of the pipe and precast drainage structures plants during their initial and routine annual plant qualification reviews.
- Makes arrangements for the annual Precast Concrete Pipe and Drainage Structures Technical Advisory Group meetings.
Flexible and able to adapt to varying work schedules. Provides a professional and quality product with core values of Integrity, Respect, Commitment, Trust, One FDOT, and Customer Driven to accomplish the Departments Mission
- Familiar with the FDOT Procedures covering the job duties and the computer programs necessary to perform these duties.
- Ability to work outdoors in a Florida.
Ability to stand and walk on uneven terrain for a period of four to five hours at one time during precast yard inspections